The KYC & Risk Agent role is responsible for performing Know Your Customer checks by verifying player documentation across both MGA and Curacao licenses. They will act as approver and first point of contact for queries related to player KYC, risk and documentation. The role is expected to focus on player accounts reaching defined thresholds and report any suspicions to Management, MLRO or other Key Stakeholders in the business.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Performing KYC checks on player accounts.
- Use systems and tools to verify the authenticity of player documentation which may include, but not limited to, ID, Proof of Address, Bank Statements or any other Source of Wealth/Source of Funds documentation required.
- Work closely with Player Payments Agents to ensure processing of player payments are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with AML & Risk Agents to ensure players gaming is sustainable.
- Using predefined procedures, conduct on-going monitoring on player accounts to ensure their level of gaming remains affordable.
- Be aware of and able to spot patterns which could highlight potential risk gambling problems, money laundering and criminal terrorism financing and report these to the appropriate channel.
- Liaise with players, via email comms in a sensitive and appropriate manner in order to obtain documentation required to KYC and/or de-risk players.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Stay up to speed with team updates and change both within the department and across the wider business.
- Consistently achieve and exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) set out by management.
- Assist with coaching and training of less experienced agents.
- Make certain that department guidelines, procedures, manuals and other materials are relevant and accurate, reporting any discrepancies to Team Leaders and Management
- Act as 1st level support point for all KYC related escalations from players, other departments, account managers and clients
- Fulfil tasks assigned by the KYC Manager.
- Ensure you comply with internal policies and complete daily tasks assigned by Team Leaders.
- Assist the Manager and Head of Risk, Fraud and Optimization with any additional operational tasks when requested.
- Must be available to work on a shift basis (7 days per week.)
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Investigative mindset.
- Good Written and Verbal English.
- Strong people skills and effective communication
- Experience with Slack, Teams, Jira and Confluence.
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
- iGaming experience is preferred but not necessary.